Great news this week came out The Royal (Poinciana Plaza)
The Royal Poinciana Plaza Announces Next Wave of Luxury and Contemporary Brands Coming to Palm Beach
New brands complement current and soon-to-open destinations including Hermès, Kirna Zabête and Sant Ambroeus
PALM BEACH – (August 24, 2017) – Palm Beach’s The Royal Poinciana Plaza, is pleased to announce the next wave of unique brands that will be joining the 180,000-square-foot iconic, open-air shopping experience located in the heart of Palm Beach Island. These new brands are scheduled to open this fall joining those previously announced as well as existing tenants, such as the notorious Palm Beach Grill and new comer, Sant Ambroeus. With these brands, the 1950s-born and French-inspired retail oasis is 95% leased.
“We dreamed of this list. For so long, these extraordinary brands filled only our imaginations. But in just a few short months, this beautiful group will be lining the corridors of our project instead,” said Samantha David, Chief Operating Officer at WS Development and Head of Up Markets, a division of WS, which owns and manages the plaza. “This list embodies fun, it embodies energy, it embodies new and different, it embodies all of the ingredients of the perfect Palm Beach day. After you finish eating at Sant Ambroeus, don’t forget to grab your fresh eggs at Celis before you hop on your Vespa to head home for the night. Your new Saint Laurent cocktail dress was made for a scooter!”
New brands joining The Royal include:
- Saint Laurent – Founded in 1961, Yves Saint Laurent was the first couture house to introduce, in 1966, the concept of luxury prêt-à-porter with a collection called “Saint Laurent Rive Gauche”, synonymous with youth and freedom, setting a first critical step in the modernization of fashion and revolutionizing the socio-cultural landscape. Throughout the years, the House kept true to its identity of absolute modernity and today it is one of the most prominent fashion houses of the twentieth century. Under the “Saint Laurent Paris” brand name, it offers a broad range of women’s and men’s ready-to-wear products, leather goods, shoes, jewelry and eyewear. In April 2016 Anthony Vaccarello was appointed as Creative Director of the House.
- Magasin– Co-founded by Josh Peskowitz, the former men’s fashion director of Bloomingdale’s, Magasin is a boutique that aims to change the landscape for how the modern man shops by redefining the term “business casual.” Their offering includes everything a man needs from head to toe, from a variety of brands such as Common Projects, Missoni and Dries Van Noten, as well as custom pieces exclusively available at Magasin. This will be Magasin’s first location in Florida and its second overall with its first outpost in Culver City, California
- Collective – Maris Collective conceives and develops one-of-a-kind, luxurious retail experiences for consumers at hotels and resorts around the world, including multiple Four Seasons. Working closely with property owners through constant communication and collaboration, Maris Collective seamlessly integrates stores into the retail component of a property. The Palm Beach location will effortlessly blend into The Royal’s aesthetic, and provide guests with a truly unique experience. Simply named “Collective,” this will be the company’s second stand-alone boutique outside of the hotel and resort environment.
- Valentina Kova – Entirely manufactured in New York, the Valentina Kova collection is designed for the independent, strong woman who wants to break society’s norms of femininity through their fashion and jewelry. With a focus on luxury womenswear and fine jewelry, the brand effortlessly reinvents the classics offering comfortable, timeless, and structured styles. This will be the brand’s second boutique, with its original location in Aspen.
- Celis Produce – This family owned market and juice bar, a daily stop for any local, takes great pride in selling 100% organic, locally farmed produce as well as fresh cold pressed juices and handcrafted smoothies. Adored and frequented by many, Celis Produce is a favorite for the health conscious and acai bowl fanatics. Offering locally sourced honey, cut flowers, fresh eggs and a variety of food items, this locally-loved brand’s is excited about opening their first location on Palm Beach Island.
- Cynthia Rowley – Launched in 1988, the Cynthia Rowley collection has expanded from a women’s clothing line to include men’s, home goods, accessories, and beauty products, all designed with vibrant colors and lively patterns. Whether you are feeling sophisticated or playful, Cynthia Rowley offers styles no matter the occasion while making sure you are the one to stand out. The brand’s first location in Florida at The Royal will focus on Cynthia’s whimsical surf wear, her casual sun wear and fitness apparel designs and provide an experience one can only find in Palm Beach.
- Virginia Philip Wine, Spirits & Academy – The eleventh female master sommelier in the world will open her doors at The Royal Poinciana Plaza to showcase wine and spirit retail with a special focus on education. Offering an assortment of the top wine makers and producers, this boutique will invite customers to learn, taste, and experience some of the best products from around the globe. Whether a beginner or an aficionado, when purchasing a special gift item, attending a private event, a tasting for a small group, or a lecture series, this shop will offer the client an experience that goes beyond traditional retail.
- St. Frank – Founded in San Francisco in 2013, St. Frank is a mission-driven luxury home décor company. As a retailer, they provide a unique option in home décor for the chic and cultivated collector. Their team sources and sells beautiful textiles and home goods created by artisans from around the world. Their handmade products embody the authentic cultural heritage of the communities from which they originate. Each work is carefully finished and packaged to ensure quality and authenticity. St. Frank collaborates with their partners / artists to tell the story of the historical and cultural context of each unique piece. This will be the company’s first boutique in Florida and the team is excited to showcase their eclectic style at The Royal.
- Vespa – The iconic, Italian made Vespa motor scooter, is the perfect blend of practicality and style. Not only fun and easy to drive, the Vespa also reduces pollution, beats traffic, and requires minimal gas consumption. This will be Vespa’s first Palm Beach location, allowing patrons to travel with convenience, style and a new sense of adventure.
- Paul Labrecque Salon and Spa – What started as a two-seat boutique salon in the Upper West side of New York City, Paul Labrecque Salon has grown to three full-service salon and spas in Manhattan, one location in Philadelphia, and a soon-to-be location in Palm Beach at The Royal. The award-winning salons are the go-to spots for on trend and classic styles partnered with unparalleled customer service, keeping clients coming back for more. This will be the salon’s first move outside of the Northeast and its first Florida location.
- Big Flower – Founded and made in the USA, Big Flower offers perfect, simple styles for lovers of neutrals and basics. Inspired by the flower fields and landscape of East Hampton, Big Flower exudes beach-ready comfort yet is versatile for multiple occasions. From loose linen button-downs for men to easy tunics for women, this line will finally be available to Palm Beach shopper with the brand’s first outpost outside of the Hamptons at The Royal.
- Theory – A New York based fashion brand, Theory carries contemporary clothing and accessories for men and women. Known for its classic, clean, designs and luxurious fabrics, Theory is the go-to label for styles that are comfortable for the street or office. Just as The Royal is seeking to serve the new Palm Beach patron, with the launch of Theory 2.0, Theory founder and CEO Andrew Rosen is looking to serve the next generation shopper. This will be Theory’s first location in Palm Beach.
These new brands will complement those previously announced, including Hermès, Kirna Zabête, 100% Capri, Assouline, BEACH, Bognar & Piccolini, Coyo Taco, Cremieux, Rani Arabella, Serenella, The Honor Bar @ Palm Beach Grill and the Palm Beach Bicycle Trail Shop as well as those that already call The Royal home, including Sant Ambroeus, Haute Yoga, Edward Fleming Salon, and the Palm Beach Grill.
About The Royal Poinciana Plaza
The Royal Poinciana Plaza is an iconic destination that serves as a jewel box oasis in the heart of beautiful Palm Beach. Built in the late 1950s, it stands today as a landmarked property and one of Palm Beach’s most treasured architectural gems. With 180,000 square feet of retail space and lush, sprawling gardens, it offers a unique international shopping and entertainment destination for indulgence, inspiration, and retreat.
Designed by world-renowned architect John Volk, the Royal echoes some of Europe’s legendary retail destinations like the Palais Royal in Paris. The property has been carefully restored to its original mid-century glamour while remaining true to its retail roots. Its offerings will include a unique mix of luxury retail, fashion, dining and entertainment, along with amenities for both local and international visitors.
Arranged around two beautiful courtyards with outdoor furniture, palm trees and gardens, The Royal provides a destination for guests to enjoy outdoor events, read the paper, sip a coffee, gather with family and friends, shop or dine. For more information, visit www.theroyal.com or discover more @theroyalpoincianaplaza on Instagram.
Up Markets is a division of WS Development that focuses exclusively on the acquisition, development, leasing and management of unique, best-in-class retail opportunities throughout the country. Its projects are high touch in design, merchandising, and operations and are the product of unparalleled passion.
For more information, visit www.wsdevelopment.com, call 617.232.8900 or follow WS Development on Linkedin.